SEAtS Software is thrilled to showcase our recent visit to Western Iowa Tech Community College where students and faculty participated in a Proof of Concept Implementation.
The purpose of the visit was to bring the test system live with our iBeacon technology and smartphone app with students in several classes.
About SEAtS iBEacon and Mobile App Technology
- Monitor student attendance electronically with our smartphone app and Bluetooth iBeacons.
- SEAtS iBeacons transmit via Bluetooth their own unique ID number throughout your classroom/lecture hall.
- Students check into class and record their attendance via our smartphone app.
- Cost-effective way to capture attendance information.
- Powered by batteries with a five-year lifespan.
- iBeacons communicate directly with mobile devices and do not require any wiring.
Mobile App Features and Benefits
- Native IOS and Android Apps
- Check into class/placement with Bluetooth
- Latest Student Schedules
- Immediate Smartphone notifications of class cancellations & movements
- Students can see their overall attendance at a section level
- Faculty are relieved from having to record attendance giving more teaching time
Since our Iowa Tech visit, we have received wonderful feedback from lecturers and students in regards to attendance tracking via the App and Bluetooth iBeacons. Speaking about the visit Oliver Castle, SEAtS Operations Manager said:
The feedback is we have built a frictionless, easy to install, use and run solution to attendance tracking via mobile & going forward. It is only going to get better.
Why not check out our official press release here…