University of the Incarnate Word focus on student wellbeing.
See how UIW Feik School of Pharmacy use powerful student engagement software to track student attendance, as well as provide COVID-19 early alert contact tracing.
”We saw SEAtS as an option to track attendance and temperature with a strong automated system in their workflows.David MaizeDean of the University
University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy (UIWFSOP) has partnered with SEAtS Software to deliver powerful student engagement software that tracks student attendance as well as providing COVID19 Early Alert contact tracing.
University of the Incarnate Word will enable students to capture attendance online and on-campus, saving time for both students and staff.
Research has shown that attendance increases success in an academic program, and it is important to help pharmacy students learn professionalism. UIWFSOP wanted a faculty- and student-friendly method to take attendance and promote the importance of time management.
They searched for many years to find a faculty and student-friendly method of taking attendance. They first discovered SEAtS in January 2020. Then, the COVID-19 pandemic struck. At the same time, a change in policy at the university now required mandatory attendance tracking.
- SEAtS Thermal Scanners – Capture student’s temperature as they present themselves to campus.
- Online attendance – Students will check-in through live links for all on-line Zoom lectures.
- In-class attendance – Students will check-in using SEATS Attend Mobile App using Bluetooth iBeacons located in each t eaching space.
- Contact Tracing – UIWFSOP will be able to track & trace community transmission and move swiftly to alert students and staff of any potential risk.
- SEAtS Alert. Workflow emails alert staff to “at-risk” students. Staff then prioritize critical early intervention to maintain the highest standards.
”Using SEAtS automated workflow will reduce the need for staff to monitor and communicate with students, faculty and student services. It will greatly save us time so that the reason for the student’s attendance problem can be solved instead of the time-consuming task of determining who is actually absent.David MaizeDean of the University
SEAtS introduced Thermal devices to monitor student temperature. UIWFSOP can automatically check students’ temperatures as they arrive on campus, and utilize contact tracing methods using the attendance data.
David Maize says:
We saw SEAtS as an option to track attendance and temperature with a strong automated system in their workflows.
UIWFSOP support student well-being and academic success with hybrid student attendance data
SEAtS has reduced paperwork, moving away from manual attendance systems, and save valuable time for staff.