University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy (UIWFSOP) has partnered with SEAtS Software to deliver powerful student engagement software that tracks student attendance as well as providing COVID19 Early Alert contact tracing.
University of the Incarnate Word will enable students to capture attendance online and on-campus, saving time for both students and staff.
SEAtS Thermal Scanners Capture student’s temperature as they present themselves to campus.
Online attendance. Students will check-in through live links for all on-line Zoom lectures.
In-class attendance. Students will check-in using SEATS Attend Mobile App using Bluetooth iBeacons located in each teaching space.
Contact Tracing. UIWFSOP will be able to track & trace community transmission and move swiftly to alert students and staff of any potential risk.
SEAtS Early Alert. Workflow emails alert staff to “at-risk” students. Staff then prioritize critical early intervention to maintain the highest standards.
Research has shown that attendance increases success in an academic program, and it is important to help pharmacy students learn professionalism. UIWFSOP wanted a faculty- and student-friendly method to take attendance and promote the importance of time management.
Vendor Selection Process
We searched for many years to find a faculty and student-friendly method of taking attendance. We first discovered SEAtS in January 2020. Then the COVID-19 pandemic struck. SEAtS introduced Thermal devices to monitor student temperature. At the same time, a change in policy at the university now required mandatory attendance tracking.
This meant that we could automatically check students’ temperatures as they arrived on campus, and utilize contact tracing methods using the attendance data.
• Support student well-being and academic success with hybrid student attendance data
• Identify students with high temperature with thermal devices and contact track & trace
• Reduce paperwork, moving away from manual attendance systems, and save valuable time for staff
• Promote student success and operational excellence
• Cloud and mobile-ready student engagement and attendance solution
• Built and secured on the Microsoft Cloud
• Easy to use reports and dashboards
• SEAtS Thermal devices provide visible reassurance to staff and students to mitigate community transmission.