We want you to know that you can trust us with your information. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust. This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
SEAtS Software Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. Our registered address is No 1 The Mill Building, The Maltings, Bray, Ireland.
All the information that we hold about you is provided to us by yourself when you seek to use our services.
We will tell you why we need the information and how we will use it.
Our Lawful Basis for processing your information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so.
The Lawful Bases identified in the GDPR are:
- Consent of the data subject
- Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- To protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
Examples of legitimate interests include:
- Where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller
- Transmission within a group of undertakings for internal administrative purposes
- Processing necessary to ensure network and information security including preventing unauthorised access
- Processing for direct marketing purposes, or to prevent fraud
- Reporting possible criminal acts or threats to public security
Our lawful basis is consent of the data subject or performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter a contract and our legitimate interest is processing for direct marketing purposes.
We use information to:
- Provide goods, services, deliveries, quotations, and information, for example and newsletters
- Process or support payments for goods and services
- Conduct data analysis, testing, and research (including for product development), and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends
- Maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services
- Direct your enquiries to the appropriate support staff
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, surveys, news, updates and events
- Process promotions/competitions, including prizes, and send you information about our services and those of our business partners
- Investigate or address legal proceedings relating to your use of our services/products, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law
- Make statutory returns as required
We do not use automated decision-making in the process of your personal data.
We collect and process both personal data and special categories of personal data as defined in the GDPR. This includes:
- Device IP address and MAC address
- Cookies including Facebook and Google Analytics
We may share your personal data with:
- Partners that help us to deliver our goods and services
- Our legal advisors in the event of a dispute or other legal matter
- Law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to meet our legal obligations
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, refinancing, or acquisition of some or all our business by another company
- Any other party where we ask you and you consent to the sharing
Transfers to third countries and international organisations
We do not transfer your data to any third country or international partner outside of the EU
We retain your personal data while you remain a contact as per our Retention and Disposal Policy. This policy details how long ew hold data for and how we dispose of it when it no longer needs to held. We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
- There is unresolved issue, such as clian or dispute
- We are legally required to; or
- There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting your safety and security.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you specific rights around your personal data. For example, you have to be informed about the information we hold and what we use it for, you can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies with with the personal data we hold, you can ask us to stop processing your details. finally , if we do something irregular or improper with your personal data you can seek compensation for any distress you are caused or loss you incurred.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may request to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting [email protected].
You may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from our organisation by following the instructions in those messages.
- Validate users
- For E-commerce tracking
- Remember user preferences and settings
- Determine frequency of accessing our content
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Analytics
- Analyse site visits and trends
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice. When we make significant changes that are relevant to you we will notify you of these by email. We will publish the updated Notice on our website.
We will ask you to register or to provide personal information when you visit certain areas of our website e.g. download free White Paper Reports, request brochures etc. SEAtS Software will protect personal information that you share with us. If you provide SEAtS Software with your mailing address, fax, telephone number or e-mail, SEAtS Software may use this information to alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and new products or services, but will not disclose this information to third parties.
As you browse our website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with seatssoftware.com The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.